Official Rules and Regulations
- All fish must be caught within legal areas, by legal means, and presented at the dock for measurement. Note: Released fish only count if they are “well” documented by photographic (Polaroid or video) means and measured on the spot. Photo must show measurement. All Florida fishing rules and regulations must be observed. Failure to do so may result in team disqualification.
- Tournament Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. A ten-minute grace period will be allowed for late arrivals. A two (2) pound/minute penalty will be assessed after the ten-minute grace period expires.
- All participating teams must monitor the same channel #72 or a cellular phone (cellular numbers must be submitted with roster). In the event of a “hook-up” before 2:30 p.m., the captain must contact a minimum of one other team to notify of the “hook-up” and avoid the late penalty.
- The Fishing Division will be limited to Dolphin. A total of ten (10) Dolphin may be brought for Weigh-In. The Boat with the heaviest group of Dolphins will be declared the winner. All additional fish need to be donated to the Fish Fry.
- The Diving Division of the tournament will consist of the heaviest ten (10) fish from the following species: Snapper, Grouper, and Hog Fish.
- Scoring and Prizes: Two divisions: Fishing and Diving (Blue Water Divers are in the Anglers Division)
SCORINGBest 10 fish. Total heaviest 10 fish from each boat/team.
PRIZES BOAT/TEAM INDIVIDUAL Anglers Heaviest 10 Fish Most Impressive Fish* Divers Heaviest 10 Fish Most Impressive Fish* Angler/Diver Best Catch (age 13 or under)* Hard Luck Female Angler/Diver Most Impressive Fish
- Only one Registration Form per boat. Registration will be online at www.jorgeportelamemorial.com and payment for the entire boat must be submitted along with a completed registration form. Entry fee includes tournament t-shirt, captain’s meeting party, and entrance to party for Angler or Diver. Remember there is a $40 per guest fee; children 10 and under are free, and all guests must pay at door and not in advance.
- NO BAHAMAS. NO POWERHEAD. NO SCUBA.
- NO PROFESSIONAL CAPTAINS OR DIVERS. This is a family, fun event!
* Most Impressive Fish Prize and Best Catch can be awarded to any species caught by legal means. Species categories for this prize will be limited to whatever we feel like on that day!